Saturday, May 30, 2009

EXAMPLES OF MY WORK - Serendipity Farm


April 2009, Serendipity Farm. Over 20 acres of land, and equestrian property - the home of Liza Price in Hunterdon County NJ.



One day soon, this property will be in the market for sale. My job was to revamp the interiors of the main house. What a beautiful challenge.

I basically used all I could find in the house and on the attic. It took me about one full day per room to streamline and declutter, rearrange furniture and accessories, hang pictures and curtains.



And since I have the great opportunity to live in this house (home tendering) while it is waiting for a new owner, I couldn't help to add some of my own sculptures, since they just fit so nicely.

Down below the paintings from Liza's daughter (a self portrait with her Mom) and my very first sculpture I made in South Africa adding to the African theme.....


Entering the dining room, people can't help but feeling at home. It is inviting with warm colors and an old rustic chandelier; the long wooden table can easily make place for 12.

One of my former business was flower decorating - comes in handy when creating some finishing touches...

This iron sculpture in the window creates the illusion of horses passing trough the park surrounding the house.

Some clay accessories in and around the fireplace make reference to "being fired" to keep the theme going. There are 5 fireplaces in this mansion. Two have been replaced by energy effective wood burning ovens: in the kitchen - and the living room.


Upgrading this home was such a pleasure. It was a rich experience - as if working through an antique shop. Liza had collected the most amazing pieces! Just to find a Rodin was a heartfelt moment for me as a sculptor... and to give them their lives back, was my pleasure.
The sculpture below was placed so that the eyes would meet a stag of books which are in use and Liza's glasses... REAL items - no decoration.


Here is a Brancusi inspired clay head resting peacefully amongst clay and nature in the winter garden or sun room. A great place to be in touch with nature and find some rest when it is not so friendly outside...

In my next blog I will "illuminte" the rest of the house, bedrooms and bathrooms.
What a joy to dance through this place! No wonder Liza called it SERENDIPITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment