Friday, April 17, 2009

Creating Sanctuary (2)

If I would choose my professional journey again, I am almost certain it would be architecture. It sort of always was. I studied Art History, Communication Science and Design instead; in my jobs thereafter always focussing on art and culture - and as mentioned before, I have been traveling extensively soaking up the new and unknown.

The Arts (from architecture, painting, music and poetry, to the songs and dances of the villages and the designs of textiles and pottery), have within every civilisation been the flowering of a vision of the Sacred, embodied in some tradition of spiritual teaching. The arts of the imagination flourish therefore in my work - the precinct of that sacred centre, be that centre a "temple", our homes, workplaces, or the invisible sanctuary within the heart. Since knowledge is universal we seek to learn from all traditions in whichever field of Doing ot Being.

Deep within we hold the wisdom; we know what we need; we have stored the information which we can recall when creating our personal space of a Sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment