Thursday, April 16, 2009

Creating Sanctuary... (part 1)

... yes, this is my calling. My purpose. And life has given me many opportunities to be in this fulfilling vibrational field of work. I remember being a little girl, the most exciting playtime I had, was creating places; from hide-aways in the forest, a room for thought in the cellar, or a doll house under my table. I was fascinated to curiously exploring other people's homes or the shops and churches nearby - there was so much to grasp, to learn, so much to let imagination take on its own life. A fantasy world. A world of mysteries, though the world of human beings.

Or neighbour, for example, an old German lady still had laces, fabrics and buttons from her great grand mother, pictures from her family and fallen soldiers. She loved to tell me from her life; she seemed to me to be a part of her own museum. And it was filled with stuff. The whole place smelled of her. Truly authentic. And then there was the professor and his wife, surrounded by old smelly books, I couldn't read yet. She loved gardening and showed my how to pick berries without skweshing them. Or my grandmother upstairs. She lost almost everything in the war, but managed to keep her good spirits in providing for others and telling stories. Her appartment above ours under the roof was a safe haven for me, when the going got tought with my two brothers.

13 times did I move since my childhood. Eight out of these I did either alone or with my new family; and each time I was making sure that I created sanctuary for those involved. These homes were expressions of our Selves. Of our pasts and presents, a representation of personalities, cultures and lifestyles. The last five moves were all over the world; a challenge if the goal is to integrate our own personalities into the local flavor and culture. I LOVED it. And learned a lot and grew a lot...

Co-Creating Sanctuary with and for others is what you will see me doing from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment